More glorious weather today - I managed to get most of the caravan cleaned out - with benches and bed bases all swept off and scrubbed, light fittings washed, windows washed (though they probably need another go to be frank) and the animal fur removed from remote (and not so remote) crevices. It already smells a lot better. I have decided to toss out the microwave as it does not work, but the space it leaves will invite the provision of another should the prospective purchaser so wish. If all goes well, tomorrow I will get in with the vacuum cleaner and suck out all the cupboards and then start re-fitting the curtains. Two of these have been returned to the washing machine for a second go as they don't appear to have cleaned as well as the others (presumably I shoved too many in at once).
Before all this activity I cleaned out the bathroom and the laundry and was busy scrubbing the loo when a knock at the back door announced the postie delivering the mail, along with a big bag of overripe tomatoes and some left-over christmas cake from his wife. Half the tomatoes have been made into a soup which will be served out into containers and frozen once it is cold. The remaining toms (those not used on toast for dinner tonight) will be turned into a pasta sauce tomorrow.
And then, while I was scrubbing away at the caravan the new electrician arrived and had a look around. He has identified at least three problems with Andrew's work and seems to feel there may be issues with the connection to the house as well, so I guess there will be very little of the $3,000 I still owe him left to pay Andrew when the time comes. He has been told about the 14 January deadline for working on the weatherboards and so presumably will deal with it.
As I walked out to wave him goodbye, Jim's Fencing pulled up next door and presumably has provided a quote which I look forward to receiving. If it is oranges, as opposed to the apples I offered her, then I will just give them a call to obtain an apples-with-apples quote so I know how they compare with my contractor. It will be interesting to see what sort of fence she has in mind.
So at this stage I am a bit knackered with all the goings one, and will plan to have a fairly relaxed evening if at all possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment