I seem to have done something to my computer which prevents me from logging into Google and accessing my bookmarks - no idea what. Have even changed my password and that doesn't work either. Oh well... And since i can't access the bookmarks I can not re-bookmark things either, as there is nowhere to do that.
I had a bad night's sleep last night - was unable to get to sleep and was disturbed by various goings on, including some sort of explosion that rattled the windows and kids walking up and down the street chatting to each other - loudly. Nevertheless I woke early, showered, dressed, peeped down the side of the house to make sure that none of the trees had actually been dropped on my house and so to breakfast. The amount of additional light streaming into that side of the house now those canopies have been removed is quite astonishing.
God that woman can work fast - the trees were down and all the debris removed in the six hours I was at quilting. Astonishing stuff, especially when you consider she is on sickness benefits. Times like these I begin to understand why she may feel I am not working hard enough ...
Anyway, I was starting to move around in the kitchen when next door the car was backed out of the garage and sat in the driveway with the motor being revved loudly and overrevving to boot. This, at 6:30 am ... About half an hour later she drove off so I had an uninterrupted morning to mow as much grass as the lawnmower could cope with. The throttle is peculiar and from time to time decides it has had enough so only operates at idle speed. On other occasions it stays on high revs, whatever the setting. In the latter case I have to run it into a grass tussock to stop it. In the former case it stops when it meets grass of any variety. It went for this option today so I shoved it back into the shed to get over it. It usually does seem to sort itself out as a result of this approach, so will hope for the best.
Then back into the house to strip the bed and do loads of washing, and have a bit of a sweepup as Eleanor and her daughter were due to arrive, which they duly did, then left again shortly thereafter as they had other visits to make. Jean also called in. With a plate of thinly sliced ham from one of their pigs (truly scrumptious ham - I had it on a sandwich for lunch) and a tub of rum and raisin icecream she has made herself. Verdict on this is on hold as it is dessert for tonight, after more ham in a salad picked from the garden.
High winds developing this evening but otherwise quite a nice day all up.
No comments:
Post a Comment