Sunday, April 19, 2020

The instructions will only become more user friendly when I use them to light the fire, haha.

Today was another quiet day at home, barring the trip to the tip necessitated by some food that had gone off. That sorted it was back to cabinet making. Not wishing to get a reputation for speed and efficiency I have raised the cabinet beside the stove to the same level as the cabinets along the outside wall, added a door and shelf and cleaned it out before returning some elements of its previous contents. And a third drawer has been added to the set beside the dishwasher. The fourth drawer has been pulled apart, marked up and the holes that are in just the wrong place have been filled with gluey matchsticks which will permit yet another attempt at getting the holes in the right place. I think that one, being near floor level, will hold small frypans of various purposes as well as the smaller wok that is loitering in the spare bedroom at present. I have to say the whole drawer situation looks ever so much more professional now they are all lined up with each other and have level fronts which clear the drawer above.

Tomorrow I have a patient to cart about so nothing will happen then. And apparently my JSP thinks I should be reminded about the appointment for a phone interview they have not informed me about. Fortunately it's mid-afternoon so I should be back in town by the time they call.

And then, of course, I have the bank to clean tomorrow also.

The weather was once again overcast alternating with sunshine, so the fire was lit once my nose started to report being cold.


1 comment:

  1. My husband does the gluey matchstick thing to fix holes too. Wow, you are motoring along with the drawers! I love a good kitchen drawer. They are so much easier to use than cupboards for old people with dodgy hands like me! We are getting cooler weather overnight here...sleeping under a quilt is a novelty!

    ReplyDelete