Wednesday, April 29, 2020

That is indeed the risk of starting a project - I at least managed to decomplicate this today by identifying a solution that does not leave me having to find homes for endless books temporarily while I steal their shelving to house the recipe books. I dealt with the alcove today so I now have the 90m cabinet back in position and its doors rehung, topped with a temporary bit of packing that came with the original kits. The wall cabinet was supposed to come down to provide space for the bookshelves, but once I had the doors off I decided the best option will be to leave it there and  just add brackets to support it so it can carry the recipe books. The downstairs cabinet now houses all the larger appliances (slow cooker, electric fry pans etc) and the cupboard these came out of is now to house the toaster, kettle etc. On top will be the coffee machine and the wall cabinet can hold spare tea pots, coffee plungers, tea and coffee cannisters etc so as to declutter the bench top. That's just a single cabinet to the left of the oven, beside the freezer.

I have also finally settled on the colour scheme basically by looking for tiles I liked and then taking colours from them for the walls and edgings. So it will be mint green walls with milk coffee trims and the cream cabinets and varnished timber benchtops. I may get the person who installs the benchtops to also do the skirting and architraves as every time I look at it I decide it's all too hard.

I'm off to clean the bank sortly and have an early start for a long day tomorrow, so it's nice to have achieved one corner of the kitchen almost to completion.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lovely colour scheme. I do that too -if the project needs it sometimes you just need a worker to do it for you. I had the idea of digging out a bunch of horrible agapanthus -but they won't budge for me. Sounds like a job to out-source!

    ReplyDelete