Sunday, April 26, 2020

A nice sleep in to wake to bright sunshine - lovely day, if a little chilly. Today's culinary venture was a lasagne. In a Le Creuset tray designed for a 90 cm oven. It fits in mine if I suspend it from the rails that the oven shelving sits on. It is huge, so another seven meals to be had from that effort. They are now portioned up and frozen for  future reference. Tomorrow I may challenge myself with sausages - what to do?

Apart from that I had a wee trip into town for more capsicums and other such luxuries. And a bottle of red to flavour the lasagne sauce and the balance dedicated to the hare in the freezer.

The last of the Rhubarb Crumble will be finished tonight - once I have sufficient space in my stomach - so I will have to give thought to future dessert options, haha. All this food and so little exercise is probably not the best, but at least it's healthy food from fresh ingredients - beats my frozen dinner of recent times.

You will have noted the lack of updates on the kitchen - that's because I have not made any progress and have been enjoying the newfound food prep surfaces. I expect I will get on with it again in the not too distant future, but for now it is at least workable. Getting the two tall cabinets in to flank the fridge will be good as that will permit me to unpack the larger items. I will wait till the bench top is in position before messing around with the upper cupboards which I want to rearrange into a more functional position.


1 comment:

  1. Lasagne is a bit of a bother to make, so why not make it huge? It will be lovely to find in the freezer on another day. I am glad you are enjoying the fruits of your labour in the kitchen -it might give you the spur you need to keep on going!

    ReplyDelete