Today was pay day and I was rather excited at the prospect of having an additional $550 to spend. Unfortunately it turns out they aren't starting to pay that till the 20th of April, so the same usual minimal amount to eke out, sigh. But since I didn't find this out until I was already at Bridgewater, I spent a little time in Shiploads finding some pipe cleaners, a pack of paper masks, and a pack of baby easter eggs.
Then to the supermarket where I made sure I will never run out of coffee (at least for a couple of months) and bought some chicken legs, a lamb neck (for soup, most of the meat is cut off) and various other basics. It's nice to have the highway to yourself other than the road workers, but still quite busy at the supermarkets (they have railed queuing paths like at airports now, and insist you take a basket even if you don't want one, so you can fend off space invaders) so I used one of my new paper masks - I plan to actually just strip out the flat bendy metal bits of them to incorporate into proper cotton masks with replaceable filters.
Having sorted that lot out I broke social isolation and called in to a friend's place. We usually spend Easter together so I wanted to drop off an Easter Egg. We cut through the house and sat on the back verandah at appropriate distances, drank a cup of tea and reassured each other we were doing fine, exchanged gifts and gossip then I headed home to pack away my purchases.
Then down to the wood heap to pile up some logs to return the barrow load to my usual wood man, which I dropped back after a cup of tea.
I now have the fire lit (though not entirely necessary just yet), and am aiming for an early night because I am really tired.
EMW I too love having layers on the bed - I suspect I am borderline autistic or something, but the weight of proper bedding makes for a better night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment