Wednesday, April 15, 2020

It is sort of a major revamp as I found the earlier layout not that useful and so have taken advantage to rearrange stuff instead of just putting things back where I found them. Today it was the brand new blind corner cupboard that I bought several years back which comes complete with a fancy metal pullout basket arrangement. It is marked up for me to start that tomorrow, but in the mean time it is constructed and loosely in position. I say loosely because there is supposed to be a 200mm filler somewhere around the place, but I have not found that yet. I expect I will if I have not pulled it apart in a fit of impatience.

It became necessary to clear off the work table (a folding laminex table showing serious signs of having been painted upon many times), so I can now bring in the door which will ultimately be fitted on the cupboard and paint that prior to installation. While I am about it I will probably paint the spice rack I have never installed, and the dish rack which I will be relocating once I have a benchtop I can lower it to as I rearrange the cupboards in that corner. So yes, a bit of a remake to ensure greater functionality and better flow as well.

So Hall materials have been dropped off at the Hall, a cheque posted for a bill and the letter box cleared. And I then took advantage of the greater accessibility of the kitchen to shred a red cabbage to boil to death to make a blue dye. I know, sounds weird, and sadly was unsuccessful. Having read widely I discovered that the blue relies on an alkaline base. But my copper mordant is made using vinegar. So I added some baking powder, and some more, and some more to achieve a pale mauve. After leaving it to cook for a while it was still a pale mauve, so I threw in quantities of washing soda and now I have green yarn. Oh well. I'm sure I can find a use for it.


1 comment:

  1. You must be enjoying the results of this project Jo. More organisation in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete