Thursday, April 23, 2020

The trip to Centerlink was successful on a number of levels - first being that I got paid. My favourite man served me and I raised with him my concerns about working in the bank but what impact would leaving have. He said a letter from the Doctor excluding me from the work for the duration of the Covid restrictions would do the trick, so I have an appointment with the Doc on Friday.

This has a second benefit - that is, that I will no longer be losing the $20 from my payment that is punishment for daring to work. That, in its turn is particularly useful as I was listening closely to the words chosen by Scotty from Marketting which made it clear the $550 bonus payment will only go to those who are entitled to full Jobseeker payment and that $20 penalty would deny me access to that - so that was a happy ending.

Having arrived home I was busily adding bits to the kitchen when someone turned up at the back door offering me various bits and pieces of sewing and knitting paraphernalia. Most of it was useless to me but the Brother Super Pro II quilters edition will come very much in handy (once she finds the cable for it). So I have been gaily distributing knitting needles, crochet hooks and other such stuff around the neighbourhood and the overlocker (which duplicates the one I have) has gone to a good home also. Apparently there's at least round 2 of deliveries, but this one was very pleasing.

Yesterday I took one of my regular patients down for Radiation treatment and managed to collect my groceries at the same time (I even scored 24 toilet rolls, haha), but had to give back two of the four cans of tomatoes I have wanted as they had a quantity limit of 2.

Tonight's dinner is a bit of a cheat as it is pre-made tortellini with a jar of sauce. But very tasty for all that. Tomorrow I will be heading into Oatlands to see the doctor and have a flu shot, and collecting a local passenger for the same treatment in the afternoon.  Meanwhile i may have time to make the fabric I hunted out today into masks, but I doubt it. I feel it is a whole day's commitment once I find a pattern, work out how to cut the fabric, sort out the measurements in relation to the strips of fabric I have chosen etc. The majority of these are for a friend who has had a bilateral mastectomy who does not sew.

I did manage to get two loads of washing dry today which was nice, and all the contents of the laundry basket are back in their proper places.




1 comment:

  1. Good result re Centrelink Jo. That bonus will be most useful, I am sure. I think they should put all Centrelink payments up and keep them up, not just for 6 months. It is always good to get sewing supplies too. I need to get that flu injection sorted.....

    ReplyDelete