Shortly after I logged off yesterday the wood man arrived with five tonne of wood. The plan was I would start stacking it today and that sort of worked, but due to another 17.5mm arriving it was a fairly piecemeal and uncommitted effort. I did pop some in the trolley and take it up to the back door where it has a better chance of drying out.
It's a huge mound in the back yard. You might remember I once ordered a load from a chap who insisted on only doing 8 tonne loads - same bloke, but he has downsized. It's still an enormous and overwhelming pile to deal with, but if I do it a bit at a time it should be fine. He is not as good as my usual wood man in that he seems to lose interest half way through cutting the wood, so there's several rather long bits with a cut three quarters of the way through. Those and other odd lengths will be set aside for an afternoon playing with the chainsaw when I am in the mood.
I seem to be struggling to committing to doing anything, so the sewing machine has been admired and stroked again, the fabric stash inspected, the counter top cleared and the oven top cleaned, but nothing really effectual has happened. I did cook some chow mein from a rather sad half cabbage in the fridge so that is sitting aging overnight with a view to portioning up for freezing tomorrow.
And that's about the sum total of my day, haha. This isolation business is supposed to provide me with an opportunity to be productive. I wonder when that will start?
You are not the only one finding it difficult to settle to things at the moment. This is a crazy time, and we are all a bit stressed and unsettled. I have a quilt ready for binding -I thought it would be done this weekend but not so far.
ReplyDelete