Couldn't agree more EMW - the present Jobseeker rate is actually higher than that received by pensioners! Go figure. Apparently the Deserving Poor concept has been reintroduced to our outlook. If Junior jobseekers went up to the present rate of Newstart, Adult newstart recipients went up to the current rate of the pension and pensioners were eligible to receive the equivalent of what is now on offer for Jobseekers (including the bonus), then a lot of the poorer Australians might have half a chance of bettering their lives.
Today I headed in to the doctor in the morning and had my jab as well as discussing the letter. He has provided one but has also advised it may take a bit of back and forth before I see action. I then rang my employers and discovered they have done nothing to progress the matter. So I have now sent a second email advising them of the recent developments and suggested they get their shit together.
Then home to put a Mediterranean Chicken and Potato casserole in the oven and back into town to convey my patient for her own shots. Home now, the casserole smells good and I am planning an early night, so no progress likely on the kitchen, masks or anything else I might have considered.
Do you listen to podcasts? The latest one of the Doctor's Kitchen has an interview on the Universal Basic Income idea. https://thedoctorskitchen.com/podcasts/covid19-is-basic-income-the-answer-to-financial-and-physical-wellbeing-after-covid-with-professor-guy-standing
ReplyDelete