It was rather chilly overnight. So much so that the added quilt and autumn weight PJs were nearly insufficient to my needs. But we survived and it was at least 11am before I lit the fire, haha.
I had been informed, informally, by my JSP that I would be having a phone interview today but as I had no phone signal I rang him. Turns out he is no longer my JSP as the decision to make Sorell my reporting point has been revoked in the face of Covid19 and I now have no clue whatsoever who I am supposed to report to (or indeed contact in need). Never mind. He freely answered the questions I needed a response to so I am fairly happy all is well in paradise.
More clearance of surplus materials from the kitchen - at this rate I should be able to reorganise some of the furnishings and (perhaps I err in the side of Optimism), tile the backsplash at last. And that, of course, provided an opportunity to play (albeit briefly) with the new machine. Two short seams, but beautifully neat and the problem I have had with both Berninas (the top fabric migrating as I sew so that that I end up with uneven seams) is now where in sight! I have also discovered the one flaw to the machine - you can not adjust stitch length. Otherwise it's perfect, and I can do that on the treadly so no problem really.
Mainly sunny today so I had one load of washing through the machine - planned to do more but noticed massing clouds (which produced nothing) on the southern horizon and decided against.
Tomorrow I will be heading into the wilds of the Northern Suburbs to get supplies as my one transport this week coincides with a service for the office car and I will therefore not have access to free transport for my own use. I will go to Office Works while I wait and take a bit of a wander around the streets.
Can't wait for a bit of chill in our atmosphere...we spend so long without anything but a sheet on our bed...not as comforting as a quilt. I managed to make the binding for the quilt today...progress!
ReplyDelete