Yay - I have finally sorted out the raffle and funds for the Hall, and now my only job is to call one of the nine winners because no-one knows who they are. I suspect they may be the bikies who I browbeat into buying a ticket at the last market.
The down side of this is that the only current time-critical commitment I now have is cleaning the bank. The result is that I spent much of this afternoon convinced that Daylight savings had ended. Doh.
The raffle draw was supposed to be filmed, but my limited skills means that we have two still photos and a brief few minutes at the end when the General Manager and I are discussing my technical incompetence. Fortunately I took the time to pan over to my written record of the draw in that one bit of moving picture.
Results are now posted on the FB page, the Southern Midlands Regional News FB page, and will presumably get posted or reported on 97.1FM radio to ensure everyone knows.
My arch nemesis on the committee remains recalcitrant. I rather hope she will resign during the lockdown since she is unable to get down here, but given the tone of her recent communications I guess I am out of luck. The good news is that despite her consistent obstructive behaviour we are going into this crisis with sufficient funds for the bills over the next three quarters (which I suspect is perceived as showing her up and the cause of much angst.
Whatever, there is more to life that her pettiness.
I keep on playing with the edges of doing something with the Machine but having read the various instructions for face masks have concluded I will wait till I can order some Hepa vacuum cleaner bags.
Rain yesterday produced 30mm which was a nice change, but after all the running around about the raffle I am afraid gardening is not on the list of proposed activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment