Today was a bit grey and overcast for the morning, but that provided an opportunity for a tip run and a go at cleaning the bank. Then a quick call into the Roxy for yoghurt and bread and home once more.
Today's job was installing the new kitchen cabinet's innards - a metal frame which slides and magically produces baskets of contents when you pull it the right way. It took considerably longer to install than was feasible as the instructions and the illustrations were at odds with each other. But logic and patience won out eventually and I now have the innards to the corner cupboard operational. I have decided that the corner cupboard and one of the overhead cupboards in that corner will be the key pantry area and the two tall pantry cupboards will be reassigned as a broom cupboard and a pots and bowls space. And a grid on the wall near the freezer for saucepans and fry pans. Should work, but I will see how things pan out. The delight of this exercise is that I don''t have a time limit to force me into finishing things and thus making errors of judgement.
It should also be easier to keep organised as it will be logical rather than doing what the cupboards say I should. I do still need to resolve the kick plate issue but I expect I will be fine.
The splash back, which is the one barrier to me finally getting my certificate of occupancy will be stick on tiles - apparently Bunnings has a large selection. I will use real tiles around the oven as that will be heat sensitive, but the rest of the countertop really just needs a wipe down surface on the walls, and the stick on ones will be fine for that. A bit of beading along the top to finish them off should do the trick.
Meanwhile another chilly (if less windy) night here and it will be early to bed for me. More trips to the tip for me tomorrow and finding a piece of the cupboard I pulled apart that has holes in it for a door fitting (long story).
Ah yes, the strange world of the instructions! How do they get them to be so confusing? It all sounds like you have a good idea about how to make it more user friendly, Jo.
ReplyDelete