Took advantage of all that water and gave the garden a good soaking today - filled up the reservoirs of the asparagus bed and the gooseberry bed, as well as planting the bean seedlings with a good soaking to water them in.
This was after cleaning the bank and two of the cottages which, fortunately, got done before the real heat arrived. Currently sweltering with 26 degrees, down three from the day's maximum.
Smidgen decided it was cooler outside than in and spent the day in the shed down the back. He deigned to sit up so I could see where he was, but did not come in until about half an hour ago.
The dogs have not had a long walk as I am in a sunfrock and sandals and this does not strike me as snake-appropriate wear. Anything heavier and I would die of heatstroke during the walk. So we have wandered around the oval several times and retreated back indoors.
Apparently tomorrow is to be much the same, but with storms in the afternoon and a high chance of rain. Another good reason to get some water onto the garden - so a) the beds can benefit from the rain as they will not be water repellent and b) I will not have to watch all that water gushing out of the tank overflow and getting depressed. Only one cottage to clean so that will be OK.
I received an invitation today from Council to attend their Australia Day presentations - for a minute there I thought I had been awarded something. But no. Tony just wants to hand Eleanor and I our certificate of appreciation from the Keep Australia Beautiful people for our work in the Garden. Since it has been available for collection at the school for some weeks now and apparently neither of us has collected it, I can not say I am in a rush to get dollied up for a formal presentation......
No comments:
Post a Comment