Thursday, January 15, 2015

Another 14 mm yesterday and overnight - so a total of 44 mm. Pity the first lot fell so fast as it has mostly just run off, and very little went into the soil. Still there is a bit more promised over the weekend, so hopefully it will do the trick. At least by turning over the mulch I managed to get that all wet through. The zucchini clearly got some benefit as it has suddenly produced about 8 small fruits that should be ready to pick in short order. I had no idea I had planted a yellow zucchini, so there you go!

Two cottages and a visit to a friend today. And on our walk Seb and I found a nice hat which came home with me. It is one of those cotton 'fisherman's" hats but has the added advantage of a throat strap with toggle to reduce the chances of it blowing off my head (though apparently it has blown off someone's head). It will go through the washing machine before use.


No comments:

Post a Comment