Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ooops - back to four pigs again - the newcomers, having been made unwelcome by the resident four, decided they had had enough and wandered off under the electric fence (which had not been lowered sufficiently for their smaller size) and have not been seen since. I expect they are off down the railway track keeping company with the three sheep that strayed off down there a couple of weeks ago. At least they seemed to be a hardier breed than the ones that remain so have a fair chance of surviving until they meet a bullet.

I wandered into town to pick lavender from the cottages to dry it. I now have four big bunches hanging on the laundry door. The flower heads will be popped into a paper bag once the first moisture has gone off, and then when they fall off they will be loose lavender to put into dishes in the cottages. At present Brad uses those nasty chemical smelly things to alleviate the lingering odours of previous occupants. Lavender will be more appealing and more relevant to the cottages as well. He has some cream tealight candle holders with perforated lids that we can pop it into and give it a shake when we are cleaning to release the perfume.

It seems that this is not to be a busy week at the cottages so I may get to go to quilting tomorrow (fingers crossed) and do a few more blocks for that quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment