Only one cottage to clean today and that was a real treat - such lovely clean tidy people. It was further enhanced by the huge bundle of fruit and veg they left behind. A big bag of mixed lettuce leaves, lemon, apple, radishes, sweet corn, avocado, tomatoes - you name it! So no prizes for guessing I had salad for dinner tonight. There was even fennel! I should have lobbed in there at dinner time last night!
The down side was they commented there was no sound on the video. Since I have no clue about that sort of technology I concluded the easiest solution was to remove the machine and the videos so tonight's guest does not realise there is supposed to be a video available.
The chilly weather prompted me to cut some firewood and light the fire this afternoon. It is now a little too snug indoors, and I will need to have some for tomorrow so I will let the fire go out now it is close to bedtime.
Tomorrow is the joint 60th birthday of my old class at school so I had to whip up something to take as my 'plate'. Fortunately the big bag of groceries included a selection of pinkeyes, so i have friend up some bacon bits, boiled up and egg, chopped up some chives and with put it all together with some mayo tomorrow as a potato salad. Sprinkled with parsley from my garden - should pass I expect.
I also bought a selection of cheeses and some olives and quince jelly to go with them so we have a cheese platter as well, which I will dress with some lettuce leaves for the cheese to sit on.
Not sure where the quince jelly has got to though - it must be somewhere on the floor of the ute I suspect. Will have to go rummage for it before it is dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment