The rain started just before bedtime and (apparently) kept going all night. I say 'apparently' as I slept through what must have been a bit of a deluge, if the loungeroom floor is anything to go by! Thirty one mm at 6 this morning and a further 12 or so to date today. So many things I could have done with that $135.00...... Oh well. This will at least mean I don't have to water the garden for a couple of days. But with the wind picking up, this benefit will not last long.
The piglets next door made a break for it this morning and were wandering at liberty around their back yard. They have only one strand of electric wire at chest height and of course the piggies jump over it, being very agile at that age. Two strands would be better, but I guess they will work that out eventually. They made an arc for them which is just big enough to house all four. That should be useful for about a week as they grow very rapidly at this point in their lives.
I was called back into the bank this morning which was alarming. But apparently I was supposed to have been changing my alarm code every three months and this has not been happening. They have changed the system so I now need a five digit number (previously it was six) so I had to delve back into memory and use the phone number we had up till I was six years old. It was drummed into our heads as children so we could phone home if we were stuck somewhere, or give it to the police if we were lost.
I will use the number for our place at Granton as the alternate one and hopefully be able to swap them about. I will be in strife if they want a third one as the next time we got a phone number it had six digits. Since i have no chance of remembering a new number I will have to see what we can do.
Only one cottage to clean which was soon done then I popped into quilting for lunch and wandered home - took the dogs for their long walk (well, took Seb as I didn't want Shadow to get wet if it started to rain), and we are now all tucked in and dry for the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment