Saturday, January 3, 2015

I hate hot weather. Thirty five degrees today with hot winds to make it even nastier. Smidgen took himself off for the day (presumably he found a cool spot and stayed there. The dogs decided long walks were for mugs and even Seb has been less than demanding all day.

I had two cottages to clean so went in and sorted them out. One I left the blinds closed as it would otherwise simply be an oven when the guest checks in. I left him a note explaining why I had done so in case he is not smart about that sort of thing (amazing the number of people who aren't).

My friend's mother died last night. I find it a little disconcerting to be notified of this by text message, but I guess these are the times we live in. I have asked her to let me know the arrangements so I can go to the funeral for her.

Meanwhile they are forecasting heavy rain tonight which is quite exciting if it happens. And the pump has worked a miracle on the hot water system, not a single banging pipe all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment