The 26 degrees followed by late thunderstorms failed to eventuate, though it was rather muggy and warm this morning while i was cleaning out the cottages. Fortunately a friend dropped by so we took a breather and gossipped for a bit before i finished them off.
The rain brought Smidgen in pretty punctually this morning which was a good thing - don't want him to get into the habit of staying out all day!
Light rain for much of the day, though nothing to brag about - around 8 mm in all, so it's a good thing I bought the water as that would have barely cleared the pump intake in the tank.
It's getting darker earlier these days which is nice - I do like early evenings. But still pretty bright and sunny in the mornings.
I called in to see another friend who has been away and did not escape again until after 3, so there was barely time to walk the dogs, cook dinner and now it is bedtime! The days fly away when you stop and chat!!
First day back in the community garden tomorrow and fortunately they have revised the forecast so the rain will fall overnight and we will be able to get stuck into the weeds that have accumulated while we took our break. I will pack the whipper snipper in the ute in the morning so I can clear the paths as the salt and vinegar spray had no effect whatsoever. I will have to resort to roundup I suspect!
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone will you!
No comments:
Post a Comment