What a week of horrors - the latest being a WA woman murdered by her son because she was unable to get him into a psychiatric facility when she asked. Seems to me our mental health services are failing badly - whether due to incompetence or being under-resourced - and a good hard look at the way we are dealing with mental health (its cause and effects) needs to be undertaken.
I went into town to clean a cottage today but it was already clean. Popped into another cottage to turn out a light my colleague had left burning and discovered she had walked off the job before it was finished (lucky I checked as a guest is due in this evening). So I emptied the bin, cleaned the bathroom, distributed toiletries and cleaned up in the kitchen before heading home once more.
A cool morning seems to have segued into a hot afternoon and Smidgen is out there somewhere, having made a break for it when I was trying to convince Seb to go back indoors. I expect he will turn up in due course, but I would rather he not be out for this long.
No comments:
Post a Comment