Hope you all had a good day yesterday - I did! The morning consisted mainly of lazing around eating chocolate and walking the dogs alternately. Since I had to go out in the afternoon I took them for their long walk at lunchtime while the roast was cooking and we got back just as it was done to a turn. Beautiful succulent organic pork loin, with a waldorf salad to balance it out (a bit).
During the morning a friend mentioned her mum was in Hobart Private at present, so I left early, intending to go visit her (her husband was my dad's boss and the families have always been close, at least while we were growing up). Got to the hospital but she was out on day release apparently, so I headed over to Barb's where we ate ourselves senseless, had the traditional present-opening and played Christmas games (like a list of letters, each of which represented the first letter of a word in the title of a Christmas Carol). I got 18 out of 25, had never heard of two of the remaining ones and the rest were blindingly obvious once you knew the answer....
It was raining at theirs so I was quite hopeful it might have rained here too. But I got to Bridgewater and it was dry there. Then wet again at Bagdad, and so on all the way home. Sadly a possum failed to make it to Boxing Day as it double back after I had swung around to avoid it. Clearly darwin's law at work. The next one tried to do the same thing but I had allocated a bit more space this time so it survived.
Got up this morning and the little darlings had taken advantage of my absence to leave the gate open once more (good thing I had kept Shadow within the range of the light when I let them out for their run last night). Did some housework today as Barb and Co are coming up to visit on Tuesday. Will keep plugging away at it for the next couple of days and it should be under control. Tomorrow I will do some lawns though as the next day is forecasting for 25 which will be a bit warm for that sort of exertion.
Tomorrow I have two cottages to clean, so it will be necessary to fit it all in around that.
No comments:
Post a Comment