Cool and drizzly all day today, so I popped some carrot seeds in the ground. I had hoped that after the last several days the compost-rich soil, at least would be damp, but no - had to apply the watering can with vigour as it was dust dry a couple of mm below the surface. I will have to rush down and do the same for the pumpkins I popped in down the back since that is the case - I had hoped it would be damper :-(
Dropped off some empty cartons at the Hospital. These are to be gift wrapped and placed under a Christmas Tree in the window of a friend's shop. It will be some Occupational Therapy for the residents at the hospital and do a good deed for a friend at the same time.
Then to the local market where I found a lovely Crabtree and Evelyn gift pack that will solve my Christmas present concerns and so home via a friend's place for a cuppa and a chat.
Made up the bed with my new mattress topper today so I am rather looking forward to snuggling down tonight and finding out if it does what I hope it will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment