Sunday, December 14, 2014

A bit excessively hot today - OK, only 24 degrees, but a shock to the system after all this cool grey weather. I popped into town for  few things and called into the community garden as I had run into a friend who wanted some rhubarb. Discovered that the end of the polytunnel was flapping in the breeze as the not-UV-stable tape had given up the ghost. Fortunately I had bought some while in town last, but did not have it in the car, so I went home, collected it and came back to do some running repairs - could not have left it till tomorrow as it would have taken off to goodness knows where and I do not feel like driving to Hobart in Christmas traffic to get replacement stuff.

Repairs effected, I watered my tomatoes and lettuce and basil etc, checked progress on the tomatoes (some quite biggish ones formed on one of the bushes and the other ones setting fruit nicely) and came home again.

The hot weather precluded walking along the track so I took the dogs down to the oval with seb on the long rope. Let it go to let him have a bit of a run and he took off the naughty blighter. A mob of children up the road hauled him in for me (tangled his rope around one of their bikes which, fortunately was not damaged), and we stood and chatted for some time - along with the mother of some of the crew. Quite a little horde of them - felt like about 30 but at a guess it was closer to 8 - and all very similar in appearance. Apparently news about population growth has not yet made it to Parattah.

At least all the excitement seems to have worn him out (I know it has worn me out), so he is collapsed on the floor now.

Waiting for the wind to drop so I can open the top of the window to let some of this heat out of the place as we have another one tomorrow - blergh!

No comments:

Post a Comment