I sometimes wonder why I got to so much trouble labelling my freezer food when I pop it in the chest freezer. Today I grabbed what I assumed was a steak (but didn't read the label) and ended up having grilled goat chop for dinner instead. Fortunately it turned out to be a very young goat and the result was delicious - but it could have been nasty!
I awoke at four this morning. My deliciously comfortable mattress topper, being polyester fibre-fill, also turns out to be a tad warm. While this will be wonderful come winter, at this time of year it was an unwelcome discovery. Since i had to get up to clean the bank at six, going back to sleep seemed a high risk activity so I got up and fiddled around until it was time to head off.
I then spent much of the morning trying to light the fire. I have run out of my kindling supply that has lasted me all winter, and the bark I collected just didn't do the job the first time. Or the second or third for that matter. I just got it blazing nicely and voila - the clouds cleared and it turned out hot and sunny. So now I have the window open to cool the house down from the efforts of the cast iron heater... You can't win when the weather is doing what it is at present.
No comments:
Post a Comment