Only one cottage to deal with today so I strolled in relatively late and got stuck in. There were also five bags of sheets to unpack and stack which was a surprise - I had asked the boss to get some king, some queen, facewashers and handtowels, so five bags of Kings were unexpected.
Also a bag of linen bags which, given the quantity we have on hand was neither expected nor welcome (the linen room is not that spacious so what does not fit on the shelves takes up floor space and requires one to climb over it).
The weather could not decide if it was hot, cold, humid, windy or still today so I stayed indoors except for routine dog walking. Refreshing my memory on goat keeping - reading my David Mackenzie "Goat Husbandry" - a book that all current goat owners lust after but which is increasingly difficult to find via the normal channels. A fascinating book that covers off on pretty well all you need to know about housing, feeding, fencing, breeding and lactating goats. Now all I need to do is win lotto so I can get a goat! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment