Raining all day, roads awash, gutters gushing, and 5 mm in the gauge. I hate weather like this - too wet to do anything useful, but not wet enough to fill the tank. It seems probable there will be more of the same tomorrow, when we are due to be in the garden. We do have some 'must do' stuff like unloading the straw from the back of the ute (the farmer gave me all his loose straw as well as the three bales i bought, so there is at least another bale's worth of loose straw in there). But if it looks like staying around I might call it a rain-day and go home.
Today was more a case of 'oh hell, I forgot had cottages to clean'! so I had to dash in at noon to sort that lot out. A load of linen had arrived also so a fair bit of putting-away to deal with, and then home to walk the dogs. I decided it was too damp for Shadow so he got to loaf at home while Seb and i went on our trek. Seb was soaked and so was I by the time we were back. Apparently my waterproof is no longer waterproof.
So I am thinking of lighting the fire, or should I simply go to bed early? Time will tell. Mean time I have to cook dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment