So - Merry Christmas to Australia's poorest citizens. Cutting funding to homeless shelters and a Bill to reduce pensions - all in the last day of sitting before they break up to go home to their opulent homes to stuff their faces with all that is good in this life. Sickening isn't it.
Me I cleaned the bank then went home before heading in once more to clean the cottage as the guests were showing no sign of leaving at the time i was done at the bank. Since there were no time pressures I climbed on a chair and removed the vent of the kitchen exhaust and gave it a good scrub as it was looking pretty manky. Then home again to walk the dogs a couple of times before their dinner time.
It was pretty hot today and Shadow was looking a bit droopy so I left him behind when Seb and I took the long walk, with the result we went further than usual (poor Shadow tends to get slower and slower and eventually stops when he has had enough), and as a result it is quite relaxing here tonight - Seb has collapsed and gone to sleep. Smidgen has another furball so has been given a dose of paraffin, and Esther is staying well out of sight in the box by the window, in case I feel inspired to dose her as well.
The promised showers have been occasional isolated spots of water, not enough to settle the dust even, so I may take the washing to the laundromat tomorrow as I do not want to risk running out of water over the Christmas break.
No comments:
Post a Comment