Thursday, December 18, 2014

No problems with our walk today as it was so darn chilly I had the fire on. Or so I thought. There I was strolling along, deeply engrossed in watching a magpie doing a 'broken wing' routine when Seb spotted a rabbit on the path. Rabbit took off across the road, Seb after it, and me clutching my shoulder that had been wrenched as the leash was ripped out of my hand. Fortunately no traffic....

So I grabbed Shadow's leash, headed across the road and spent a fun five minutes trying to grab the end of the leash to drag Seb out of the pile of timber he had buried himself in. Finally got things back under control but all that dancing around did not do my sore knee any good at all. So I hobbled on until it seemed a bit silly and then turned back once more.

Things still seem pretty quiet on the teenager side of things. I suspect their parents have been keeping them occupied - the one next door at least has been helping his 'stepfather' putting up some electric fencing so they could move the horses once more. So I now have all three mares adjacent to the fence in a field that would accommodate one. And immediately alongside the paddock the stallion is in. Not sure I would put a pregnant mare in a paddock with two fillies due to come on heat when the stallion is next door, but what would I know?

Made up a waldorf salad to go with the piece of steak I have for dinner tonight - it tasted a little bland so I googled a recipe and discovered I should have put in some chopped red onion. So I went foraging in the garden and found something that was once a red onion, but which had split into four bulbules after last year's crop had failed to be lifted. So they were chopped through and it is now quite delicious. Had to laugh at the 'warning' label on the mayo. It is called Whole Egg Mayonnaise, and the warning label warns it contains ... egg! Goes to show how over the top this labelling business is these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment