Today was the last day in the Community Garden for the year (I will be in and out over the break but not spending a full day there as I have been doing). So we set to and weeded all the beds (remarkably weed free), pulled out anything that was going to get over-excited and engulf its neighbours, and sprayed the paths - salt and vinegar so it smells like a fish and chip shop once more.
Things are coming along very nicely there, though the bags Eleanor thought would be ideal for growing potatoes in have proven less than successful (mainly, I suspect, because they were filled with garden soil with no additives) and had dried out badly. The two that were past redemption have been pulled apart and the miniscule potatoes came home with me. The other two were given another good soaking in the hope they will keep on going till the New Year. I am not holding my breath.
Dog walking was amusing tonight as everyone has been heading into town for the Christmas Parade (no, I am not going - bah humbug and all that - as standing for at least an hour to watch badly made floats go by does not sound terribly fun to me). So a passing parade of motorcycles with antlers and tinsel kept me amused on the way home. No rabbits tonight, fortunately as I was off in a revery again, but at least the knee seems to be falling back into place and is now only sore on pressure, so clearly nothing seriously wrong with it.
Pizza for dinner as it is Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment