Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Today's forecast looked quite promising on paper - clearing showers, 11 degrees. Pity they forgot to mention the sun wouldn't come up until after lunch. At 8 this morning when I walked the dogs it was still so dark it was hard to see the other side of the oval. Not that we got much rain out of it. So naturally the washing remained undone and by the looks of the next few days that may not change for a while. I may have to resort to drying on the airers I had put away with relief when the line was implemented.

The bank was cleaned and out of the way in good order, and I got home to find a lovely thank you email from my tenants (nice to finally be in touch with them, they seem a very nice young couple, and their new daughter, Felicity is a gorgeous child).

So am feeling good about things at the moment despite the horrors that are happening in Canberra and the rest of the country.

Two cottages to clean tomorrow so I will not get much done at home. I have started cleaning the place, since outdoor activities are discouraged by the weather, and hope to have it relatively tidy by Friday when my friend comes to visit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment