Last night I tried out a weird recipe from FB that is designed to remove the dead skin from your feet. I figured that I don't spend enough time with the pumice stone in the shower as I don't spend that much time in the shower at the best of times for water conservancy reasons. This involved Listerine, vinegar and water in a 1:1:2 ratio. And amazingly enough it works. Not that my feet look anywhere as good as the ones in the photo after the treatment, but I will be repeating it tonight as I have decided warmer water is probably a good idea.
And today I spent labouring in the Garden. We were erecting the frame of the glass house that we pinched from the school farm. No plans to work from so it was a matter of working it out as we went along. Still it looks pretty good and they were still working away when I left (I pleaded the dogs' need for a walk and human time given my intended absence tomorrow also.
By the time they are finished they will hopefully have inserted the lengths of timber under the frame necessary to stabilise it and have bolted it to the concrete footings.
I also finally received a call from the teacher who will be housing chickens in the chicken shed next term. Slight problem there as one of our gardeners is gardening in the chicken run and we were running out of time to do anything to fence off her garden before the chickens arrived. But it is now all sorted and I will be catching up with her when the class comes over to the garden for the first time so that we can talk over the way the garden runs (she is also the cooking teacher and so will be using the herbs that are in the food forest we built). Hopefully a lot of the material out of the chicken sheds will be transferred either into the compost bins or onto the proposed herb garden so that it contributes to the general soil health as well. And future 'mucking out' will contribute even further - all that lovely chook poo!!

No comments:
Post a Comment