All we seem to be getting so far is a lot of rain. Oddly, despite this, the tank remains only partly full. I had hoped it would at least fill to max capacity with all this wetness. I have taken the dogs for their last paddle of the day - they can pop out the back door for a wee from time to time, but no more walking; it is four degrees out there!
The warmer morning allowed me to defer lighting the fire until about an hour ago, and it is just warming things up now. Good thing too as the sudden temperature drop had my nose getting pinched!
We had a meeting about the community garden Open day today in Oatlands. I did not expect to get home due to the road being in danger of going under, but fortunately the rain eased somewhat and there were no problems. I expect any future rainfall to be more in the form of snow, however.
Have not got out the sewing machine yet as it is jolly chilly in the front room. I must investigate those heated wall panels and get one so the room remains habitable during this sort of weather. Smidgen seems rather better today and actually ate some of the food I put out, so he is clearly on the mend.
Hope all up north are coping and still have their roofs intact. Personally I am not looking forward to high winds in these parts, though apparently I will have little say in the matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment