Last night's Big Freeze was a complete washout which was a good thing because I overslept and didn't have much time between falling out of bed, walking the dogs and getting into the Bank at a respectable hour. Defrosting the car to roadworthy status would have been a bit tricky in the available time. Still, they are gunning for minus 2 again tonight and I will be quite happy to have an excuse to sleep in tomorrow.
Today was the day the chickens arrived at the school Garden, and I was supposed to be there to greet them and to point the children in the right direction when they were dumping the old litter from the runs in to the Garden. Fortunately Barry was fiddling with the glass house once again, so I was able to delegate that responsibility to him since i had to make the run to Hobart once again. Smidgen's health had not improved and he was spewing up little puddles of yellowish fluid which is never a good look.
So we headed down to Hobart to see the vet. The vet on duty tonight had some sense and so instead of suggesting keeping him in overnight for observation (a pointless exercise since the vets don't tend the cages unless the animal needs medical attention during the night), he suggested leaving him with them for an hour. so I off and found somewhere to get some really crappy food for myself, fielded a phonecall, messed around on FB and collected Smidgen, his medication and the bill before heading home. I really don't understand why these trips are so tiring but I could happily curl up and go to sleep right now.
And luckily, as far as I know, there is not a single reason why I can not sleep in tomorrow, so I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment