Monday, July 28, 2014

One of the problems with a sick cat (particularly one that is of the oriental breeds, as Smidgen half is) is that if they are sick for long enough they lapse into depression and die even if there was a chance of recovery. Smidgen has been heading that way for the last day or so. Clearly Esther decided he needed cheering up. So she brought a live mouse back from her morning stroll. It seems to have had the desired effect as he spent quite some time covered in cobwebs and other fur balls after chasing it under the kitchen cabinets.

When I got back from town this morning I let him out for a run to enjoy the exceptionally lovely day, and spotted him chasing mice in the orchard with gay abandon. I gave him a dose of paraffin to see if that helped, and he seems somewhat better. Though he is still not eating (and has slimmed down very well!!), he seems to be on the mend.

The Workskills team once again failed to front so I headed home, walked the dogs, caught up with some emails and now have only one more walk to do. At least the evenings are lighter these days, so we get them fitted in without roaming in the gloaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment