
I also acquired a long thin box with two hinged lids. My initial thought was that it would be a good addition to the kitchen bench to house herbs and spices as well as the smaller bits of the stand mixer. Only problem is it extends across two sets of power points. So the next option is to rearrange the benches and attach it to the wall that the stove is on, beneath the cupboard and the dish rack. Not sure how that will work in terms of the hinged lid though. So a work in progress.
Sorry about the pumpkin seeds - doing a spot of seed-saving from the pumpkin I made into soup the other day.
$25.00 poorer I arrived at Annie's to do her garden and spent an hour there. She tipped me off to another cleaning job (one hourxthree days a week at the bank) which I will chase up tomorrow morning.
Then on to the current cleaning job. I was working with another Annie (my neighbour) and between us we did all three units. Then I took the teatowels home and washed them, took them back into town to go through the tumble drier at the laundromat and returned them to the cottages before heading home via the tip to get rid of some rubbish.
Was pootling around the potted seedlings/cuttings/plants which are now residing on my former kitchen table over by the tank when I noticed some fairly active buzzing going on. It seems a swarm of bees has decided to take up residence in one of my empty hives. Oops. I will give them a couple of days to settle in then remove the top box (which has no frames in it), strap the remaining two to the base and call a friend to help me shift them to his place. Unfortunately Graeme, who died recently, was my bee mentor, and Graham (who I plan to call) recently lost his wife so may not be in any state to help me. But they can't stay where they are (far too close to her next door) and so must go on vacation to a distant location while I get ready to receive them in a more permanent spot. So it's all go here at the moment!!

No comments:
Post a Comment