I am now officially the cleaner at the Bank - three days a week, one hour a day. Not a huge income (a bit over $100 per fn but every little bit helps. The company has also recently acquired the contract for the ANZ bank in town so may also be able to give me that work too if it comes through (apparently they currently do it for themselves). Add to that the cleaning of the holiday lets and I will have a good chance at getting some extra cash while I am at Uni next year which is all good. I start Thursday at the Bank as they have a chap coming to do the carpets. It will give me a chance to settle in there and have a bit of company while I get to know my way around. He apparently comes up once a month (who knew?).
Spent some time clearing a track to the beehives today so the ute is loaded up ready to go to the tip and I have another lot ready to pile in. I will do two runs and get rid of it all I hope. Have also concluded I won't be needing the chainsaw again if today's weather is anything to go by so have also put away the sawhorse for summer. Any chilly days I can always cut enough with the docking saw to be getting on with.
Andrew at the Service Station is so flat out with pre-christmas demands that he can't look at the bicycle for me, but never mind he tells me it is all in working order (well, not quite, it needs oil, new brake pads and the seat raised to a more acceptable height (at present my knees come up to my chin on the up-stroke of the pedals) and a few other minor things. I will take it to the men's shed and go all feminine and useless. Or even just use their tools and do the job myself. I still need a helmet and lights before I can take it on the road, so to speak, but I had a bit of a run this morning and it seems to go well (at least I did not wobble or fall off).
While it is hot I will probably not be doing too much outdoors but will try to run the mower over the area that was slashed so as to finish off the job. If I can get out there tomorrow morning before the heat of the day I can get a fair bit done before I have to go into the Bank to try out my pass-code in front of witnesses who can vouch for me if I stuff it up. It would not be fun to spend Christmas in Jail, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment