Sunday, December 22, 2013

Today it rained. And was quite cool too. So I converted the raspberries and strawberries to jam and am currently working on turning the cherries into jelly. I opted for jelly as you don't have to pit the cherries (no-one calls me a hard worker, lol). So they are quietly dripping their juices at present and will be boiled up with some sugar soon to go into the jars.

I took advantage of the rain to run several loads of preserving jars through the dishwasher as someone gave me two wine-boxes full of the right size for a single person. Now all I need are rings, lids and clips. Their first day out will be bottling some rhubarb. This was cut up and is standing in syrup overnight before bottling them tomorrow afternoon when I get home from what ever it is we do in the garden tomorrow (that is after I have cleaned the bank first).

The red-stemmed rhubarb in the Garden is also in my sights as I can cook some of it up with apples to freeze and bottle some of it as well. That will give me a sample of what it looks like when we split up the excess crowns in the Garden and sell them over winter.

I frequently feel that I am being observed while I potter on the computer and recently, due to changes in operation with the new kitchen table, I have found out why.


It's enough to reduce stronger nerves than mine to jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment