The weather was forecast to be a lot more pearshaped than it actually was but I had set my mind to being indoors for the day and so got stuck into cleaning the kitchen. Oven, fridge, cupboards, drawers, you get the picture. Just in case the health inspector gets wind of my new venture.
The other good news is the possibility of casual work cleaning some holiday rentals in town. Sort of a B&B arrangement without the breakfast - selfcatering is I believe the term. All cleaning supplies provided so it is simply a matter of turning up as required and giving the place a going through. Good news, and just the sort of work you want to have if you are a uni student.
Tonight's dinner will be an experimental spankopita since the spinach plants seem to have taken off in a major way. If it works I will make up some filling and freeze it for future use - either commercially or domestically. I have also decided to check out the bottling requirements for Rhubarb since the school garden has way more than it needs and it would be useful for fillings for cakes and other such things. Bottling and freezing seem likely to be a big part of my future if things go well so fingers crossed.
Apart from that not much was done - I collected a bolt and shake-proof nut from the service station but seem to have lost my spanner set temporarily. Will no doubt find it eventually but the kitchen takes priority right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment