Did you know this is my 1001st entry in this blog. Amazing how time flies.
It was a foggy and dewy start to the day so you can imagine how surprised I was when I looked out the window and spotted two unescorted horses wandering down the drive. No prizes for guessing where they came from. After some considerable exercise and high adrenalin (there are a lot of things in my yard a young silly horse could hurt itself on) I managed to get them out and up the road a way, which freed me to go and knock the neighbours up to go collect their horses.
One was wearing a halter but knew it was being naughty so would not let me near enough to catch it. The other had no halter and and bites so I was not planning to try to catch it. When I say 'bites' it is young and unschooled and nips experimentally rather than a nasty bite, but still quite painful I discovered.
The mist burned off around 9:00 ish which was unfortunate as I had hoped to get some grass cut this morning. But once the mist was gone the temp went up dramatically and so I retired indoors. Took the first load of rubbish to the tip when it opened and then a second load followed in quick succession after which I retired for a nap. And so the day was completed....
A quiet stroll around the garden netted one pea and a small beetroot (which I will probably grate to add to the salad that will be tonight's dinner. That and some cold Marion Bay Free Range chicken from the rotisserie at the IGA.
No comments:
Post a Comment