The day in town was quite tiring all up. I left at ninethirty but, since I didn't want to queue for a car park I didn't want to get into Hobart proper till 11:30 at the earliest (I know where there are 2-hour metres close to the CBD). So I headed to Cambridge Park and looked at furniture I can not afford for an hour or so, then on to the big smoke where I did some banking, then called into Fragments to check out the Porters Paints colour charts. I do like going to Fragments - they have tiles too so I checked those out, but at $3.50 each and minimum order of a box of 75 I think I will be going elsewhere for those, if I use tiles at all.
Back to the City Centre to check out the new Myer Store. Despite the huge fuss about the opening the thing that struck me most was the artful way they tried to disguise their lack of stock in any given department. Their socks range was laughably small (and outrageously expensive - $35 for three pairs!!). So it did not take me long to run out of things to look at, and I was still half an hour early for the podiatrist - so I found my fave asian takeaway, grabbed a sushi box and sat in Cat and Fiddle to eat it. Then on to the podiatrist who carried out some fairly extensive surgery on the feet before I rushed back to the meter ten minutes late. Hope they did not spot me on their cameras, but there was no ticket under the windscreen wiper so perhaps I am safe.
On the way back through the northern suburbs I picked up dog and cat food and then on to Brighton to visit the vet there and discuss options for seeing Shadow - she will call in next Thursday while doing the rounds up here. Once here she will assess Shadow and we can decide on our options. Shadow was of course full of vim and vigour when I got home and raced Seb and me down to the gate into the recreation ground so was clearly feeling rather full of himself today!
No comments:
Post a Comment