It has been a rather quiet household here today - the cats did not want to go out this morning so I did not insist on it, and Seb is subdued because he started his obedience training in earnest this morning. We have gone for some longer walks and he is being taught to walk to heel, and 'wait'. Wait means sit, then stay sitting while mum backs away, remaining sitting till called. So far I have managed two steps back before getting wriggling, but it is progress of a sort. He does have the basics, but I had deferred training him as it used to upset Shadow to have an order repeated when he had already obeyed. Now I can repeat to my heart's content.
It was a day in the garden also, but due to lack of interest and a cold blustery wind I gave up after weeding a few beds and throwing some water around. The hose seems to need a sharp knife taken to it as it has buckled just below the inlet and seems to be backing up (or at least the drenching I received suggests this).
I have an interview for the job at the Dog's Home but don't get too excited - they had so many applications that they are doing a group interview of everyone who applied, then a second interview of short listed applicants then cutting it down to four candidates who will be asked to spend a few hours doing the actual duties. I figure unless they are age-ist I should at least make it to the final cut as the wages are not good so the quality of candidates may not be that good either. Who knows. Anyway, since I have had rather a lot of expenses this week, and have more to come with a trip to town on Sunday for a class get-together, I called into the Job Service Providers to see if they could contribute to costs of travel to the interview - they did! Quite a lot too. I asked for $30.00 and they gave me $50.00! Now all I have to do is talk the service station into letting me have it on Sunday rather than today so there is room in the tank for it all to go in. Apparently if I get the job they will also contribute to the cost of the uniform and some footwear! So that's all good.
Freezing rain at present (not much rain, plenty of freezing), so the fire will be lit tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment