Friday, December 18, 2015

Fortunately the weather gods decided to be a little kinder this morning which was grey, misty and overcast - ideal weather for the torture they inflicted on us at the group interview for the Dogs Home. They had 38 attend who had been chosen from the 180 applicants. From today they will chose a reduced number who will be contacted in the next couple of days to attend another interview next week. If we don't hear this week then the odds are we were not selected and will hear 'in due course' after Christmas. Personally I will be very surprised if I get a face to face interview and this is why:

They made us EXERCISE!!!! :-0

While I expect I am considered fairly fit for my age, since I was the oldest person in the room by about 20 years, this is not necessarily helpful. I managed the 20 pushups to my great surprise, and completed all the other exercises without fainting, having a heart attack of becoming anoxic, but I was not as good as I could have been. Flexibility was not a problem (can reach my toes no worries, hold them and bend forward a fair way even in jeans), but aerobic strength is not all it could be - I mentioned before we began that I had a bit of a cold, so hopefully they took that into consideration. But why should they with such a large field to choose from?

So, once I have applied liniment to my shoulders, lol, I will be fine to work tomorrow one hopes. I have given the bank a miss tonight as it is our Christmas Pageant and the main road of Oatlands will be closed off and the side roads jam packed with vehicles. I will be grateful to have an hour in air conditioning tomorrow as we are expecting 33! Though getting back into the car will be a challenge for me as there is nowhere to park it in the shade that does not involve long walks back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment