Saturday, December 12, 2015

Seb's obedience training is a bit of a laugh. I ask him to sit when we get to the road. Hmmmmm. Finally sits and stays sat when I straighten up, then off he head (with him crossing over in front of me as I walk). We will get there. Eventually. I hope.


I had three cottages to clean today and the biggest one had had three workmen in it for a week. It showed. Took me an hour longer than usual to sort out the mess - the half-eaten jelly snakes on bedside tables, the grated cheese all over the kitchen floor - clearly they have very caring mothers.....

They have been staying in the cottages during the week for some time now. We ask that they box up their pantry goods so we can put them in the store room for them, and that they take their fridge and freezer food with them when they leave. Three shelves of pantry food, a freezer full of stuff, and the fridge pretty full too. Among the pantry food was a can of corn, half-eaten and covered with foil..... The chooks will be enjoying most of their fridge food as it is not anything I would eat, and they will get some of the freezer food too. The rest will be converted into soup or eaten (the icecreams were nice).

Speaking of food - I have a huge batch of cabbage and bean soup on the top of the woodburner tonight - beans at any rate, the cabbage will be added later when the rest of the veges are cooked. Dinner was another potato and kale soup with poached eggs and the second cabbage (the cabbages came from my plot in the Garden) will be added to the bacon the workmen left in the freezer to make another soup tomorrow night. If I have the energy. I have to be up at 6 tomorrow to head down to Hobart for morning tea with my old class mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment