OK so it is all tee'd up to catch up with EMW while she is basking in the tropical delights of Tasmania - what fun that will be!
I had only two cottage to clean today but it all turned into a bit of a marathon. Firstly as the boys had once again left the place like a tip and so there was quite a bit to do. It was that messy I was wondering if they had indeed checked out (they forgot to leave the key behind), but sadly they had.
So I did the other cottage first, saving up the one with airconditioning for later in the day, and set to with a vengeance. That cottage has a tap that falls off with monotonous regularity. All it needs is a bit of a tightening up with an alan key but the teeny tiny key that is used had gone AWOL. So off to the shop to get another set and I run into some Japanese tourists who had planned to catch the Red Line Coach to Launceston but found it was fully booked already - did I know anyone who could drive them to Launceston? So en route to the shop I called in at various places to see if anyone knew anyone who was driving to Launceston (several did, but the drivers had very sensibly set of much earlier), picked up a set of Alan keys and back to find them still looking bereft. I suggested they try the Antique Shop to see if Monika could put a shout out on her face book page and get the local radio station to send out an APB, and also directed them to the Visitor Information Centre. The last I saw of they they were climbing into a van with a courier who had been convinced it was OK to drive four tourists up the highway in the boss's van!
That sorted, I set to in the messy cottage only to find the boss had decided to make it even messier by installing new blinds and do a bit of work on the back door (my main route to and from the linen store and cleaning kit). We both thought there had only been two lads in so I cleaned their rooms and made up the beds then opened the door into the third bedroom. Apparently his room mates had made him leave it shut due to his problem with body odour ............ so I madly sprayed it out with air freshener, stripped the bed then got stuck into the oven and the pile of dirty dishes. Then on to the bathroom to sort that out before venturing back to the third bedroom to see how effective the spray had been - well better than it was.
Meanwhile the boss had invited his Brazilian mate in to wait for him and the Brazilian mate wanted to chat so I chatted as I cleaned. He was one of those tall, buffed, dreadlocked Brazilian males that they have on posters. MMMMMMMmm Highly decorative but not terribly motivated about life apparently. I imagine he does not have to make much effort to get what he wants, so why should he bother?
Finally sorted out the cottage and left the vacuum cleaner conspicuously for the Boss to clean up the mess he had made and fled the scene.
Walked Seb a couple of times and it was time to go back in and clean the bank. I picked up some booze and food for Christmas and am now back home, in front of the fan and hoping my feet stop hurting soon. My comfy 'doing work' shoes seem to be getting a bit past it (or I am).
Cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight - I am saving the good stuff for Christmas Day!
LOL!
ReplyDelete