Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I managed to get myself locked into the bathroom of the cottage I cleaned today. It faces out the back so there was no chance of attracting attention to get out (the door to the cottage was open so any saviour would have had no difficulties getting in). I tried opening the window very wide (it is a hopper window - top-hinged) but concluded there was a risk of getting the loops of my jeans caught on the handle if I tried to squeeze out and then I would be suspended in midair till the catch failed - an unpleasant thought. So I wondered if I should just wait till the lads who are staying in the main house got home from work today, which would allow me to knock on their bedroom window with the toilet brush. But fortunately I finally managed to wiggle and jiggle the latch to get the door open (phew, it is a small bathroom and claustrophobia was starting to set in!).

I sorted that problem out with some light cardboard, tape and a note to the incoming guest apologising for the problem and drawing their attention to the problem via a note (and the use of conspicuously placed red tape). Hope they do not have an issue with it - at least there is a draw bolt if they require privacy from the person they are sharing with.

Got home and took the dogs for a walk or three and now I have the bank to deal with. Since it has been a windy (and mildly traumatic) day I will be glad to get to bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment