Most of my body seems functional still, though the shoulders are a tad tender. But I can still move my arms around freely which is a pleasant surprise! This is a good thing as it was so hot today that I had to clamber around on a ladder and install a double layer of sarongs over the exposed windows! The double layer, plus the thin blind seems to be doing the trick and it is still only mid 20s indoors. The wind has picked up a treat however and it is rather nasty out there. Fortunately (touch wood), the nearest fire is downwind and going elsewhere and remarkably few are reported on the TFS website. I had expected horrors today with kids being on holidays and all.
Tomorrow will be even hotter, but I gather that we will probably have a change during the afternoon, possibly with some rain, so that will ease things a bit for us all.
I nipped in and cleaned the bank this morning - I had thought of doing it later in the day so I could enjoy an hour of airconditioning, but the thought of getting into the ute after that was too horrible to contemplate and so I got it out of the way and fled home. Seb was walked even earlier though he seems to be rather tougher than some dogs - he insists on walking on the paved road surface rather than on the grass verge - no idea why.
Some good news! I have an offer on the house in the UK. It seems a good offer - large deposit, buy-to-rent client and we are currently waiting for confirmation of his finances, but that all being good (and there seems no reason to expect otherwise) he is looking for a rapid completion - the dream buyer in fact. The offer is below the asking price, but still a very good offer, so of course I have said a conditional 'yes' (the condition being his finances). Fingers crossed - it might all be over by the end of February all going well (the UK vending process is a nightmare of delays so I can't reasonably expect it to be any earlier despite his apparent haste). Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment