Blooming laptops are getting junkier and junkier. The tap and click function died some time ago. The mouse died last week. Fortunately it finally occurred to me i could plug in the mouse from the desktop so here i am once more!
Presumably it is so clogged up with dog and cat hair it no longer makes contact when I touch it. Oh well. One more cord to get tangled up in while using the lappy on my lap (and a telephone directory beside me for a mouse pad!!)
The salmon patties were delicious I have to say. And went down well with the various veges to accompany them. The last of my last crop of carrots were so sweet it was almost a shame to cook them.
Then the last two nights it was roast chicken drumsticks with (one night) brussels sprouts and (the second night) cauliflower cheese and mash - real mash for a change as I was out of Deb and had potatoes that were not green, lol.
Friday I headed to Hobart and stocked up on cat food, dog food and people food but unfortunately my meeting with the Councillor failed to proceed as he never got back to me to suggest a suitable time. Oh well. It was worth a try. Saturday was so warm it was amazing, and on Sunday, I was seduced by the previous day's weather into doing two loads of washing, despite the fog and overcast. They are sadly still very damp.
Today was bank cleaning day and it was again 'the case of the disappearing vaccuum cleaner so a quick day's work, followed by meeting up with the lads in the garden where we watched the rain fall for an hour before they headed home. Much to my relief I have to say - much nicer at home in front of the fire than out in a howling gale soaked to the skin and making mud pies.
your comment about running out of Deb mashed potato reminded me. I made a huge pile of mashed potato when I dug out too many from the garden and had to use them quickly as they were wanting to sprout. I froze lots into ziplock bags and stacked them flat in the freezer. This week I have run out of spuds as the ones in the garden aren't ready yet so I have been getting them out of the freezer and laying in the bottom of a square pyrex dish (while still frozen solid) and covering with grated cheese and cayenne pepper. Heating up in a hot oven till the cheese looks yummo and dishing it up with the rest of the dinner. Very delicious and a minimum of work.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea - I will do that one day when I feel up to peeling so many spuds in one go! Pity the apple peeler also cores them or I could use that. Would be great to spread on shepherd's pie and for all sorts of options! Great idea Deb - thanks for that!!
ReplyDelete