Sunday, June 15, 2014

It was a great pleasure to wake up knowing I didn't have to be anywhere today and I was delusional enough to believe the weather bureau which forecast sunshine. So a load of sheets went in the washer and were hung out, by which time it was clear they were lying. The sheets hung damply in the 98% humidity and temperatures between 4 and 6 degrees before being brought back in at 2:30 when it was clear the breeze was just not quite going to get them dry. they are now festooned over the airer in the kitchen.

It was also tip day today and I did a long-delayed run there to get rid of two bags of rubbish from the Bank, and one from here. After that I took my machine up to Caroline's. I nearly missed her as it turned out but we parked in the middle of the road and transferred the machine. One of the perks of country living is that you can do that without causing too many problems. The machine is the one I bought from Caro some time back while I was working. It works well but had clearly never been serviced for ages. So it is now getting a thorough service and hopefully being returned to me in peak condition. The bobbin tension has also been a problem lately, but I suspect that is mainly down to the accumulation of fluff and gunk inside it (so thick it is  now poking out of various appertures).

The children next door have announced their dog is pregnant (this is the dog that resulted from another unsheduled pregnancy in one of their other dogs). I do wish people would get their pets neutered for goodness sake! I am afraid I said just that to them - since they introduced the subject as an accident - one that could be avoided said I, if you get your pets neutered. Grumpy old cow that I am.

Stir fried rice for dinner tonight - last night's was surprisingly tasty considering the limited ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment