Well, it did reach ten degrees yesterday. Just not until 9 pm. No wonder everyone is collapsing with colds and flu.
I am constantly amazed at the generosity of strangers!! A few days ago I advertised on Freecycle for a hamburger press. Those tupperware things that stack on top of each other so you can make and freeze hamburgers all in the same container. I wanted it because I thought it would be a handy thing for making the potato patties that are part of this meal plan I am following - you know, get even potato patties all the same size and depth so they cook evenly etc. No-one offered one so I was thinking I would need to ad lib - cut off a section of plumbing pipe, cut discs of baking paper, find something to ram things down with - that sort of thing. But someone then responded offering to lend theirs. After some to-ing and fro-ing it turned out her husband was coming to Oatlands this week to help paint out a house and he would bring it up. So I went to collect it today and the bag seemed remarkably heavy. She had stocked it with a bag of onions, three mandarins, two kiwifruit, garlic, a large bag of tomatoes and goodness knows what else - what an amazingly generous soul she is.
I emailed back saying i would return it next week when I am down to get the cat food. She said, don't bother as she has found one on Ebay which she will be collecting soon. Stunned I am!
So fruit salad for dinner tonight to go with the leftover cabbage and mince chow mein!!
No comments:
Post a Comment